This is a Program Based position, full time for a period of one year
Based in metro Chicago, Navistar International Corporation is a leading global manufacturer of trucks and buses and member of the Fortune 500. Our culture is to do things in days, not months, with the goal of delivering superior levels of product performance to our customers. We are looking for a Facilities/Construction Project Manager with this kind of commitment and drive to be part of our success story and help take our company to the next level.
Under the direction of the Associate Director of Facilities, the Facilities/Construction Project Manager will manage facilities projects for all business units as needed.
• Manage the design, planning, construction and maintenance of equipment, machinery, buildings, and other facilities
• Plan, budget, and schedule facility modifications, including estimates on equipment, labor, materials and other related costs
• Draft statements of work for vendors; manage bid process
• Oversee the coordination of building space allocation and layout, communication services and facilities expansion
• Responsibility for overseeing health and safety standards and compliance to codes during work
Plans facilities changes for plant, office, and production equipment layouts, working toward economy of operation, maximum use of facilities and equipment, and compliance with laws and regulations. Coordinates with architecture/engineering firms in developing design criteria and preparing layout and detail drawings. Prepares bid sheets and contracts for construction and facilities acquisition. Reviews and estimates design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation and other related costs. Inspects construction and installation progress for conformance to established drawings, specifications, and schedules. Develops criteria and performance specifications required to meet unique operating requirements and building and safety codes.
Visit us at www.Navistar.com to discover more about our organization
Navistar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.