- Driven By Uptime. Our focus is delivering Trucks and Buses that carry on the promise of being on the road, and staying there.
We are seeking a General Manager, International Trucks – Used Truck Center (UTC) in Commerce City, CO to oversee complete center operations with the goal of increasing the centers customer base and unit volume.
- Over the past two years Navistar has redesigned most of the International Truck vehicle line-up, including the LT Series and RH Series tractors, HX Series vocational truck, and soon to be introduced HV Series and MV Series trucks. The company is witnessing market share growth in several of its core segments, a testament to the customer acceptance of its new products
- Product quality and uptime has been a strong and ongoing focus across the entire company. Navistar has introduced a number of new powertrains to its truck line-up, including the International® A26 12.4L diesel.
- Our alliance with Volkswagen Truck and Bus increases our global scale, strengthens our competitiveness, and provides our customers with expanded access to cutting-edge products, technology and services.
- Superior parts and services offering throughout the country via our distribution channel
- Best in class non-asset based products that enable our customers to not only create value for themselves but for their customers as well
About the position General Manager is responsible for achieving wholesale and retail sales objectives for used trucks at our Detroit area UTC. This is accomplished by managing an outside sales-force dedicated to selling primarily International class 8 trucks to fleets and owner operators. In addition the General Manager oversees wholesale operations within the territory.
- As a level in the Management Track, work is primarily accomplished through setting direction, deploying resources, and managing others.
- Involved in larger or more complex sales deals. Develops plans and participates in strategic and tactical planning. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Manages policy and strategy implementation and control; has short-term operational/tactical responsibilities
- Manages professionals or through supervisors the coordination of the activities of a section/department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
- Frequently interacts with supervisors, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company. Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
- Senior Sales Manager may also be responsible for a functional area only without direct employee management; functional area responsibility includes fiscal accountability or budgetary control.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends. Incorrect decisions or failure to achieve results will add to costs.