Navistar Defense West Point Assembly Plant
Navistar International Corporation is a leading North American truck manufacturer with great products, strong market positions and best-in-class distribution. For 175years we have had a 100% commitment to doing what it takes to satisfy our customers, and our commitment today is as strong as ever. We are rededicated to strengthening our core businesses. Our recent investments and product launches position us for success. It all starts with a comprehensive approach and a team effort from our employees. So we’re looking for exceptionally talented and results-oriented individuals to join us and deliver on our promises to our customers, dealers, employees and shareholders.
The Certified Weld Inspector will perform inspections of welded assemblies for Navistar Defense’s military portfolio of vehicles. The purpose of this role is to perform visual quality performing inspections of welded assemblies to verify that standards are met.
- Performs a variety of welding and grinding inspections on a variety of materials and parts.
- Verify and ensure that appropriate welding equipment is used for the work and that equipment has the capability to meet appropriate requirements of the work.
- Document of procedure qualifications test results.
- Ensure compliance to customer contractual requirements.
- Development of weld inspection instructions, repair and rework instructions in compliance to ND, Mil and customer specific requirements.
- Review weld mapping on various types of engineering layouts for structures.
- Provide quality control and quality assurance of products delivered to established specifications.
- Read and comprehend project specifications and drawing.
- Interface with weld shop personnel.
- Provide project status reports.
- Maintain weld maps.
- Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) by American Welding Society
- 3+ years of structural steel inspection experience | Military, Aerospace and or Commercial Defense.
- Must be able to comprehend technical information both verbal and written
- Must have clear verbal and writing skills with fluency for the responsibilities assigned.
- Training and certification as Level II MT and PT per ASNT SNT-TC-1a, would be a plus but not required.