Navistar - Navistar is a leading manufacturer of commercial trucks, buses, defense vehicles and engines. Wherever ingenuity drives global markets, you'll find us taking the lead.
- Over the past two years Navistar has redesigned most of the International Truck vehicle line-up, including the LT Series and RH Series tractors, HX Series vocational truck, and soon to be introduced HV Series and MV Series trucks. The company is witnessing market share growth in several of its core segments, a testament to the customer acceptance of its new products
- Product quality and uptime has been a strong and ongoing focus across the entire company. Navistar has introduced a number of new powertrains to its truck line-up, including the International® A26 12.4L diesel.
- Our alliance with Volkswagen Truck and Bus increases our global scale, strengthens our competitiveness, and provides our customers with expanded access to cutting-edge products, technology and services.
- Superior parts and services offering throughout the country via our distribution channel
- Best in class non-asset based products that enable our customers to not only create value for themselves but for their customers as well
Navistar is seeking a Procurement Supply Manager for Advanced Technology Components in areas such as Electrification, Connected Vehicles, Advance Driver Assistance Systems, Platooning, Multimedia, etc. who will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and/or execute the strategies for commodities within the Category Management Team (CMT) including major/minor program changes as well as for emerging technologies within the Advanced Technology Components area.
- Manage all commercial aspects with assigned supply base including driving cost savings goals, negotiating, building positive relationships and resolving open issues with the cross functional Navistar team
- Identify and develop new sources for supply based on advanced technology and product requirements
- Analyze supplier cost structure and competitive landscape to identify and negotiate savings and mitigate increases
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies and gain CMT and executive approval where needed
- Identify and execute cost savings measures with suppliers and Navistar team to achieve annual goals
- Identify when a business case needs to be utilized and complete them
- Analyze data to understand the cross functional impact of each initiative
- Constantly communicate to Supply Chain, Operations, Purchasing, and Engineering customers and escalate issues when needed – know who, when, and how to communicate with all stakeholders
- Manage the workload of an assigned sourcing specialist where applicable